Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I'm 19 and my Cougar is 41


Dear Lucia,

I am 19 years old and am currently in a physical relationship with a woman who is 41 years old. We  go out to eat and spend time together every now and then, but I find myself interested in wanting a more serious relationship.

I understand that plenty of people think the age difference is too large but for someone my age, I have a lot going. I currently work two jobs and attend a very prestigious college. I am earning about 40k a year. It may be enough to get me through school and put away for savings but not quite support her. She is struggling with expenses and had been laid off.

We are great friends, have a lot in common, and just love being around each other. I will be starting a fairly good job with Chase Manhattan Bank at the end of this year and will be able to provide for her financially, so finances won't be an issue.

How I go about telling her?  What do you think I should say or do?  If everything works out with her, how do I go about explaining this to my family?  I want to be sure they accept her and treat her well. Any advice or assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Michael

Read Lucia's answer at The Cougar Club

No comments:

Post a Comment