One of the best places to meet a Cougar is on a dating site. Here are 10 things never to say/ask when you contact a Cougar online.
1. How old are you? - Does this even need to be said? You’re either interested in her or you’re not. Does it really matter how old she is if you think she’s hot?
2. Hi /How are you? – One word or one line emails will get you nowhere. About 50% of cubs who approach me online make this mistake. What percentage do I respond to? 0%. If you are emailing a Cougar for the first time and that’s all you have to say for yourself, good luck.
3. You look good for your age. – You may think this is a compliment, but mentioning a woman’s age is a back-handed compliment at best. Why does it have to be ‘for her age’? If she looks good, she looks good. Period.
4. Can I be your Cub? - Would you ever say “Can I be your boyfriend” to a stranger? Probably not. It’s something that either just happens naturally or is discussed in “the talk”. You may be trying to be funny, but it sounds like you’re either desperate or you want to be a pet!
5. Have you had botox? - Asking about any cosmetic procedure is “très gauche”. If she wants you to know whether she’s had any work done, she’ll tell you. As long as you think she’s hot, who cares?
6. I love Cougars. - This may sound like a compliment, but it’s not. We don’t want you to be interested in us simply because we fit into a category. We want you to want us for, well, us! It would be the same as a woman saying, “I love athletes”. It also sounds as if you’re leaving out the last part of the sentence, “I love Cougars and I want to have sex with as many of them as possible”.
7. Did you get my pictures? - A profile without photos immediately raises a red flag. What are you hiding? So if she asks for photos, and you don’t hear back, don’t write her again to see if she received them. Yes, she did, and she’s not interested. Move on.
8. I hope there’s more to you than your beauty – And we hope there’s more to you than repeating lines someone gave you to try to shake our confidence. Too many guys are using that line these days and it’s getting old.
9. Tell me something interesting about yourself – Ugh! Can you be any more vague? Not having a specific question makes you look like you have no conversational skills, and that is a major turn-off for Cougars.
10. Call me. My number is 555-xxx-xxxx – This too makes you look desperate or not very discriminating – you’re giving your number to a complete stranger. Women want to feel special, and by giving out your number without waiting to see if she will even respond to your email, she feels like just a number.