Monday, November 25, 2013

Dating a Married Cougar



Hey Lucia,

Your outlook and "tell like it is" responses are always so insightful, thank you.  I am a young 29 year old "cub."  I have always been attracted to women older than myself.  They provide an abundance of knowledge, sophistication and assertiveness; all qualities that I find make a woman sexy.

I recently met a woman who is 39, all of the above and then some.  We work out together, have a lot in common, laugh and never get tired of each other.  We are not intimate and do not go on dates due to her current situation.  Problem is she is separated from her husband, not divorced and has a child.  I respect their family, situation/relationship and that's why I'm just going with the flow.  I'm enjoying the company for what it is and not pressing any sort of progress at all.

She enjoys my company as much as I do hers; it's a really easy flowing relationship.  We do not call each other, but do exchange emails on a regular basis and see each other a few times a week.  We are personal with each other in the sense that we are very open and share pretty much everything about ourselves.  I left the ball in her court as far as setting the pace goes.

I guess what I'm getting at is I think she is the most wonderful women I have met in a long time.  While the timing is off, deep down inside of me there is hope for something a bit more than a friendship, somewhere down the line.  I've learned from past situations to not set myself up for failure and that's why I'm trying to be casual about it.   What do you think?  Any advice for this young cub?

Hopeful in Houston

To read my answer, go to The Cougar Club

No comments:

Post a Comment